|Posted on March 5, 2014 at 11:30 PM||comments (0)|
Server IP changed its now 184.108.40.206:200 then :500 for the old world
|Posted on December 6, 2013 at 1:45 AM||comments (0)|
The server IP changed to 220.127.116.11 followed by :500 or :200 depending on which server you want:
18.104.22.168:500 contains the new world (1.7), and
22.214.171.124:200 contains the old world in order to save everyone's creations.
|Posted on April 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM||comments (2)|
If you missed it we are now back on the main world. Let us know if you experence any problems since most of the plugins are still in beta.
|Posted on March 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM||comments (0)|
The 1.5 pre-release is out now so expect the final update to be out in the next few days. So with that like always the server will be down until the plugins get updated, but the temp world will be back. Once we can get the majority of the crictial plugins up and running then we will switch back over to the main worlds again.
1.5 Pre-Release Features:
Added Redstone Comparator (used in Redstone logic)
Added Hopper (collects items and moves them to containers)
Added Dropper (similar to Dispensers, but always drops the item)
Added Activator Rail (activates TNT Minecarts)
Added Daylight Sensor
Added Trapped Chest
Added Weighed Pressure Plate
Added Block of Redstone
Added Nether Brick (item)
Added Nether Quartz and ore
Added Block of Quartz, with half blocks and chiseled variants
New command: /scoreboard
New command: /effect
Containers and mobs can have custom names
Inventory management has been changed, for example you can drag-place items over slots
Texture packs now have separate images for each block and item, and can have animations
Nether Quartz Ore now spawns in the Nether
Smooth lighting now has three settings (none, minimal, maximum)
More detailed death messages
Some hostile mobs now are harder in Hard difficulty
Many, many, bug fixes
|Posted on November 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM||comments (0)|
The IP at my home has changed so that means so did the server.
Main Server: 126.96.36.199:500
Change that for all your saved server links and the same goes for the map.
|Posted on October 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM||comments (1)|
I know I'm a few days late, but we've just started off the month of October! The leaves are changing colors; the temperatures are dropping; the days are getting shorter. Fall is here, and at the end of this month comes Halloween!
We haven't had a contest for awhile on our server, so we're having a Halloween-themed contest! There are very few guidelines; all you have to do is build something in the spirit of Halloween, then give us the location (world and coordinates). You have all month to build your creations; they're due on Halloween (October 31). Any submissions after Halloween will not be accepted.
Once they're all submitted, we'll make a video featuring all of them, and then YOU get to vote for which one you think is the best. The contest winner will receive the "Contest Winner" rank, and all the perks that come with that rank.
We will only be giving the rank to ONE person, so if you work in a group, your group will have to decide which member will receive the rank if you win, otherwise no one will get it. In the event of a tie, Andrew and I will decide the winner.
Have fun, and good luck!
|Posted on August 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM||comments (0)|
We are back on the main server so come join us there. The ip is 188.8.131.52:500
|Posted on August 5, 2012 at 12:25 PM||comments (0)|
It's been about a year since The World of Balmora first started, and we still can't believe that in a year's time, such an amazing community has grown on our server. We're incredibly grateful for all of you and have been trying to come up with something big to commemorate The World of Balmora's first birthday.
Our very own Nick Koerner, a.k.a. KageNara, one of the earliest members of our server and a phenomenal builder at that, proposed an idea that would bring our server into this new Minecraft era that came with the 1.3 update. The idea consisted of "moving components of the old map to the new one" in order to "give us even scenery" and "have newer features of the game closer to the areas we've been playing in, as emeralds will only show up in the old server on the edges where we generate new map." We knew this proposal would involve a lot of work and consume a lot of time, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up.
Therefore, Andrew and I developed a plan to revamp the server, declutter the dynmap, and improve the quality of your playing experience:
(1) Some of the worlds, Survival 3, Flatlands, Hunger Games (the world not our separate Hunger Games server), and World 2, will be removed, which will declutter the dynmap.
(2) The original world shall remain a part of our server. There are simply too many things that would have to be moved over before we could justify getting rid of it. We've had that world for a year now; it's not going anywhere.
(3) For that matter, Balmora and Waterfall aren't getting moved either. This is mainly because so many people have residences in these towns that reprotection of their chests would take forever (and probably would never be completed), and looting would run rampant for the duration of that time. Furthermore, these towns, especially Balmora, are deeply rooted in the original world's history, and so it is only proper that they stay.
(4) As Andrew's building skill has vastly improved and developed in the year since Waterfall was created, he's been itching to build a new city, and as such he will be taking this opportunity to do so in the new world. It will become the new spawn town.
(5) As for what will be moved, if they so desire, players will be allowed one work-in-progress and one non-work-in-progress to be moved, at the discretion of the Admins. This mainly applies to towns and other large structures, but other requests will be considered by the Admins. If your belongings are not moved, you aren't losing them because the original world isn't going away.
(6) The new world will not be the temp world that has been utterly destroyed. We're going to create a brand new, untouched, 1.3 world for this.
This movement will be taking place soon, and we're super excited about it! It's gonna take some time, so it probably won't happen all at once. The best thing to do right now, if you want any of your things moved, is to figure out what they are and to let us know.
Thanks for being so awesome for one whole year!
|Posted on July 31, 2012 at 10:45 AM||comments (2)|
When the update comes out tomorrow we will be running the main world along with the temporary world for those who update. The server IP that we will use is 184.108.40.206:200, so if you dont want to update yet you can still use the main server. Ultimately, the best thing to do is backup your minecraft.jar so that you can check out the update, but can then also go back to the main world until we can get the server fully updated and in working order.